Welcome to Otherkin Alliance (OKA)! Whether you are arriving here by word of mouth, Internet search, or a happy accident, we are happy to have you here.
A few things you might want to know before going further, is just what this site is and isn’t about. continue reading…
The Staff and Administration of OKA would like to take this time to ask all members to re-familiarize themselves with this site’s rules. Particularly those on the treatment of others.
While we do not tolerate fantastical claims, we are all to treat other members in a respectful manner. If you find someone’s beliefs questionable, the best course of action is to meet the individual where they are – that is, understand that they may still be awakening, and will not have the matured frame of mind that you have developed. This is a safe haven in which people can grow, and we will not tolerate any behaviour that will hinder anyone’s spiritual and psychological growth.
In the past, we have removed members for this very reason. We have reprimanded staff members for this very reason. We have also severed ties with former affiliates for this very reason. If this surprises or unsettles any of our members, we formally request they reevaluate their place in our community. If you are not here to help, connect, and uplift, you are not here in the spirit of OKA. There are numerous other Otherkin communities online that may be a better fit for you.
Media interest in OKA and Otherkin in general have greatly increased over the last few. We are very happy to be of assistance in any way possible! In order to best serve you (the media) and the community at large, we ask only a few things:
- Members of the media who choose to participate in interactive portions of the OKA community must adhere to OKA rules. These rules can be found here. Failure to observe site rules will result in the disabling of your account.
- Members of the media must respect the privacy of our members. Unsolicited emails, private messages, instant messaging communication, etc, is not permissible. Individuals who wish to communicate will contact you first.
- All members of the media must make a public statement with their intentions for joining the community. Full details of the project, and how any information from personal communication will be used, must be fully disclosed in a statement of informed consent.
- Members of the media who use any portion of our website in their work must receive permission from OKA staff, and the owner/author of the original content. This includes artwork, articles, and interviews conducted via forum or private message. Failure to obtain permission will lead to the termination of any accounts held on OKA, and possible legal action.
- All requests must be made to the official staff email, firstname.lastname@example.org
These basic guidelines will allow the staff and administration of OKA to aid you in your projects with the greatest ease and efficiency, while protecting the safety and integrity of our members. We thank you for your time, attention, and interest in the Otherkin community.
We would like to remind all members that we have a strict no-delete policy here on OKA. This policy is in place because we have seen throughout our years in service to the Otherkin community, “drama” can cause people to withdraw valuable information for no purpose other than self-satisfaction. We view this behaviour as a great disservice to the community, so our no-delete policy is intended to stop this tendency for selfishness in its tracks.
This is not a new policy – it has been a part of our community for years already, and it is clearly stated in our rules. By submitting content to OKA, you agree to these terms, and grant us to publish articles (if applicable) on our main site as we see fit. This policy also applies to our forum. The no-delete policy may only be repealed under extreme circumstances, such as protection of the author’s identity and safety. Otherwise, the deletion of any content by an OKA member may result in the permanent banning of their account.